Low Council Tax - Better Services - Value for Money
Help to beat the recession
Medway Council provides many services which can help you during the recession, including:
- Council tax and benefits available to those on low incomes
- Housing - the council can help with advice on rented accomodation, social housing or temporary accomodation
- Debt - An advice service has been set up in partnership with the Citizens' Advice Bureau
- Employment - residents can get help through Employ Medway Advice Centre, in Chatham
- Business - a free Business Information Service is provided at Chatham library and the Council's Partners for Growth scheme helps business to pursue growth opportunities.
- Leisure - you can save money by borrowing a book or hiring a CD or DVD from your nearest library or attend one of the free events during the year.
Your local contact point
The Rainham Contact Point is at 1-3 Station Road, Rainham (map).
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 9am-5pm
Local councillor surgeries first Saturday of every month 0915-1230.
Your local library
Your local library in Rainham is in Birling Avenue (map).
Tel: 01634 231745
Fax: 01634 263415
Opening times: Monday 9am-6pm, Tuesday 9am-7pm, Wednesday closed, Thursday 9am-6pm, Friday 9am-6pm, Saturday 10am-4pm
Facilities: Photocopier, fax, computers, disabled access, upstairs reading space.
In Rainham North, rubbish is collected on Tuesdays every week. New white sacks are delivered every 13 weeks, but if you run out you can get more from the Rainham Contact Point or library, Additional blue bags are also available from the Contact Point.
Rainham North's PCSOs can be contacted by email or phoning 101. There is also a Macklands Way Partners and Communities Together (PACT) which has regular meetings.
Upto date information can be obtained on the Kent Police website
Rainham Methodist Church, Station Road, Sunday morning services from 10am.
Methodist Hall, Wakeley Road
- Rainham Wives meet on Monday evenings, 8pm